Fix iPhone Not Ringing Problems and Iphone Alarm Volume
Jump For Easy Navigation
The most frustrating part with the phone calls is missing them. Missing a phone call when it is important is the most irritating situation and the reason behind missing the call is iPhone isn’t ringing or iPhone Alarm Volume. This make you feel like hell at that moment.
But there are certain reasons why an iPhone stopped ringing. If it is related to major issue then we need to go to the iPhone service center. Apart from the major issues there are certain reason why an iPhone stopped ringing iPhone Alarm Volume is silent. Those can be sort out by our self.
Below are the complete steps and suggestions which helps you in Fix iPhone Not Ringing Problems.
As the steps below should be tried before confirming that your iPhone is broken and needs an expensive repair.
Fix iPhone Not Ringing Problems
There are certain things need to be taken in to consideration when our iPhone isn’t working as intended. Here are the few things which we need to be check as an initial repair.
- A broken speaker
- Mute is turned on
- Do Not Disturb is turned on
- You’ve blocked the phone number
- A problem with your ringtone
Does iPhone Speaker Working? Check using iPhone Alarm Volume
To listen any sound or music speaker is must and should and it should work fine.The speaker which is placed at the bottom of your iPhone is used for every sound that iPhone makes. Any kind of sounds like playing music, watching movies, or hearing the ringtone for incoming calls, these all sounds we hear from the speaker as an output.
There is a chance that if you’re not hearing calls, your speaker may be broken but its not the compulsory case. To check this you have to try playing some music or a YouTube video, and also make sure that you turn up the volume like iPhone Alarm Volume. If you’re hearing audio fine, then that’s the good sign your speaker is safe. But if no sound comes out when it should, and you’ve got the volume up loud, it could be that you need to repair your iPhone’s speaker.
Trending Article:Best Selling Dual Camera Smartphones
May Be Mute Is Turned On?
Before we think complicated it’s always good to keep it simple before diving into more complicated ones. Just make sure that you haven’t silenced your iPhone and forgotten to turn the ringer back on because this is the major reason many of us keep out phone in silent mode and forgot to revert back to ring. There are two ways to check this:
- Check the mute switch on the side of your iPhone. Make sure that it’s turned off (when it’s turned on, you’ll be able to see an orange line inside the switch).
- On your iPhone, go to Settings and tap Sounds (or Sounds & Haptics, depending on your model). Make sure the Ringer and Alerts slider isn’t all the way to the left.This indicates it is mute so to turn on, move the slider to the right in order to turn up the volume.
Latest Article: Gadgets Expo International Tech Meet
DND TURNED ON ?
If the above stated are not the actual reasons then, it could be that you’ve enabled Do Not Disturb which mutes all the phone calls.
There is a feature which makes all the phone calls mutes. This is a great feature of the iPhone, introduced in iOS 6, that allows you to stop sounds of all calls, texts, and notifications when you don’t want to be bothered (this is very helpful while you’re sleeping or in church, for instance).
There is a feature in this Do Not Disturb may be great, that you can schedule it which is little tricky – because you scheduled it,and then you may forget that it’s enabled. So moving further please check for Do Not Disturb: Here are the steps on how to check DND
- Tap on the Settings.
- Tap Do Not Disturb.
- Check to see if either the Manual or Scheduled sliders are enabled.
- If the Manual is enabled, slide it to Off/white.
- If Scheduled is enabled, check the timings. If you want to keep them as it is leave then,
- If you want to keep Do Not Disturb but allow calls from some people to get through no matter what, tap Allow Calls From and select groups of contacts.
Is the Caller Blocked?
As every one knows that you can block people. If someone that they called you and you can’t see in iPhone, then maybe you’ve blocked their number. In iOS 7, Apple gave iPhone users the ability to block phone calls,. In order to check whether the number is blocked on your phone or not:
- Tap Settings
- Tap Phone
- Tap Call Blocking & Identification (it’s simply Blocked on earlier versions of the iOS).
If you want to unblock a number, then tap Edit in the top right corner, tap the red circle to the left of the number, and then tap Unblock.
Also Read: iPhone New Features No Home Button
Ringtone Problem? Also check using iPhone Alarm Volume
If the problem still frustrating you, it’s worth to check your ringtone. If you have a custom ringtone that assigned to contacts, which is a deleted or corrupted ringtone then that may be the reason that your phone not able to ring when someone calls.
Try the below two things to find this problem:
1. How to set a default ringtone:
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Sounds (or Sounds & Haptics).
- Tap Ringtone.
- Choose a new ringtone.
2. Its good to check if you’re missing a person calls who has an individual ringtone assigned to them. To do this:
- Tap Phone
- Tap Contacts
- Find the person’s name and tap it
- Tap Edit in the top right corner
- Check the Ringtone line and try assigning a new ringtone to them.
Trending: Turn Laptop Display In To Touch Screen
If None of these able to Fix iPhone Not Ringing Problems then it’s time to consult the experts. Its good to visit the Apple iPhone store and bring in your phone for inspection and, potentially, repair.