Fix A Corrupted Pen Drive Or SD Card With Simple Steps
Fix A Corrupted Pen Drive Or SD Card is the major challenge that every user faces in these digital world. As external storage play a vital role in this busy life to transfer files. These storage devices can be used as a RAM for systems too so this is the major gadget that is very useful. Some times we may find some trouble in opening the device. So, today we are going to share few simple steps that helps you in fixing thee kind of issues and resolve them.
Also Read: How To Block Someone in Gmail
There are different methods which will help you in Fix A Corrupted Pen Drive Or SD Card. Kindly please go through the complete description of the article that makes you understand the steps easily.
Fix A Corrupted Pen Drive Or SD Card With Simple Steps
As said we have different steps that an be easily followed to achieve our goal. Below are the list of steps that we are going to explain below in detail.
- Simply Change The Driver Letter
- Re Install Drivers
- Using Windows Explorer
- Using CMD
Most Recent: How To Apply Photo Frames In Facebook
Fix A Corrupted Pen Drive Or SD Card:
~>Simply Change The Driver Letter
There are different reasons why Pen Drive or SD card not detected or corrupted. Among may reason one of them is sometimes our system is unable to assign drive letters (like C, D, E) to our external storage media.
Latest Article On: WhatsApp Latest Version Download Now
This can be the reason why the files on it can’t be accessed. This can be easily fixed and in order to resolve this issue, you can assign the drive letter to your device.How to do that is the question? please follow the below suggested steps.
- First of all we need to connect our storage media to the computer.
- After that right Click on My Computer/ This PC. After that click on Manage which is listed in the drop down menu.
- Click Disk Management in the left side and wait for a few seconds so that Windows can load the Virtual disk service.
- Right Click on your storage media and click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
- Click the drive letter (it will turn blue) and click Change.
- Select the drive letter from the drop-down list. Click Ok.
The above are the few steps that can be followed in order to change the Driver Letter.
~> Re Install Drivers
Sometime our system doesn’t recognize the storage devices so for that we can uninstall and re install the device driver that may help us in detecting the storage media. Here are the steps which helps you in explaining in how to uninstall and re install the device driver. Kindly follow the below steps.
- Just right click on My Computer/ This PC. And then click Manage.
- After that click on Device Manager on the left side.
- Double-Click Disk Drives in the list. Right Click on the name of your pen drive.
- Click Uninstall then click Ok.
- Disconnect your storage media and restart your PC.
- Once your system is ON then Connect your pen drive again. This time your PC will detect pen drive.
Latest Article: Send GIFs In WhatApp How?
~> Using Windows Explorer:
Most of the users commonly used process is using windows explorer to fix the corrupted pen drive or SD Card
- First of all open My Computer or This PC and then select the corrupted drive after that Right Click.
- After that right click and click on Format in the drop down menu.
- Click Restore Device Defaults in the popup window.
- Click Start to begin the format process. You can uncheck the Quick format option if you check this option then your computer deep scan the drive/card for errors but this will take more time than usual. So, uncheck it only if you fail in the first attempt.
- Click Ok in the next dialog box which will warn you that the data will be lost. The format process will complete in a few moments, and you will have your error free SD card or pen drive.
Most Recent: How To Stop WhatsApp Auto Downloading
~> Using CMD
In this process you need to give the commands in the command prompt and windows will forcefully format your corrupted pen drive/SD card. But what commands you need to follow is suggested below kindly go through the steps.
- Firstly connect the corrupted pen drive or SD card to your computer.
- Then hover your mouse on the Start button and Right Click.
- Click Command Prompt (Admin). A CMD window will open.
- Type diskpart and then press Enter.
- Type list disk and press Enter. A list of all the storage devices connected to your computer will be displayed.
- Type select disk <the number of your disk> and press Enter. (Example: select disk 1). Important: Make sure you enter the number correctly. Otherwise, you may format your internal hard drive. You can type list disk again to check whether you are going correctly.
- Type clean and press Enter.
- Type create partition primary and hit Enter.
- Type active.
- Type select partition 1.
- Type format fs=fat32 and press Enter. The format process will finish in a few minutes. You can write ntfs instead of fat32 if you want to carry files larger than 4 gigabytes. Don’t close the CMD
These are the steps which need to followed when you opt for command prompt for fixing the issue.
If you tried all the sources still the issues exists then it can be a system related issues so kindly connect the storage device to another system and check whether it is working fine or not.
Stay tuned to this website for more latest information on the new gadget releases, software updates, technical tips and tricks and many more.