How To Deactivate Twitter Account Temporarily With Video
Jump For Easy Navigation
- 1 Deactivate Twitter Account with How To and Why?
Twitter and Facebook are most used social media in the world with millions of followers and user base. But the question is, if these social media are so popular why would anybody want to deactivate Twitter. We will give you convincing reasons on why you should quit these social media now like deactivate Twitter.
We believe as you are here you must have think it though to Deactivate Twitter. If you’re fully certain to deactivate and looking for an easy way to deactivate Twitter then this post on how to deactivate Twitter will be most useful for you.
In our earlier post, we covered deactivating Facebook and also Deleting Facebook permanently. Now our users have requested for a tutorial on How to Deactivate Twitter or Deactivate Twitter permanently. So, here we are with another guide on how to deactivate twitter account and tweets or delete twitter account permanently link.
In case the steps below looks little tough to follow we have even shared the video on how to deactivate Twitter that will be useful to you.
Deactivate Twitter Account with How To and Why?
Recent surveys have given concerning report that suggest using Social Media like Twitter or Facebook have adverse affect on our life which resulted in depression most of the times. Studies have even concluded that these social media are very addictive.
If privacy is your main concern then we have outlined the steps below on how Twitter uses your privacy
After collecting your information, Twitter may use it in the following ways:
Advertising: Services on Twitter are mostly backed by Advertising world. Twitter collects your data and used to show you targeted ads based on your likes, dislikes interest etc.
Sharing to third parties: However, the good thing is that this social media giant does not disclose your information without your consent except in special circumstances. For example, they may have to share your information with law enforcement agencies if required by legally obligated or if the company is filing for bankruptcy or is involved in a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of assets.
But it’s fair to know what you can’t get back once you deactivate Twitter or delete Twitter
- Sadly, you can’t yet do this from the Twitter application. You will need a computer (or a phone with a browser set to desktop mode).
- Your information will be remained on Twitter for 30 days after you deactivate your Twitter account. In case, you change your mind and decided to comeback.
- With in this one month period, you can activate Twitter account anytime.
- If for any reason you want to use the same email or username on a new account, you can simply change them in the settings, then confirm your changes.
- Just make sure this is done before deactivating the account at hand.
- Some content may still be view-able for a few days. If you really need some stuff to disappear, go delete it first.
Easy Guide here to deactivate Twitter account or how to Deactivate Twitter account
1. Head over to Twitter.com from your browser.
2. Click on the “Profile and settings” button, which is the little profile picture located on the top-right corner of the page.
3. Select “Settings”.
4. Scroll down and click on the “Deactivate my account” link at the bottom of the page.
5. After reading the given information, you can go ahead and select “Deactivate @_____”.
6. You will be asked to verify your action by entering your password. Go ahead and do so
7. You are done!
Here is the simple video explaining how to deactivate Twitter:
If its worth it please share this article and we would also love it if you like our Facebook Page where we share new articles every day.
We love criticism, please share your feedback in the comment below.